Saturday, June 20, 2009

What to expect

Lib and I want to make this celebration a relaxing day where everyone can enjoy each other's company and the beautiful Montana outdoors. We knew immediately that we had to be married in the mountains. I grew up in Montana but have spent most of my adult life in Seattle. I have always loved being outside, but it wasn't until last summer that I realized when I was out of the city and up in the mountains I truly felt like I was home. Before I met Lib I was trying to figure out how to escape Seattle and find a little cabin on the river. This area means so much to Lib, he knows it like the back of his hand and has spent the last several years out here hunting. He has taken me through this area and I understand completely why he loves it so much. You could travel around the world and have a hard time beating the beauty and peacefulness of this place. Taylor Fork was the only choice for us.

The dress is casual. No one is going to get kicked out for wearing jeans! You can wear anything you like to the wedding itself, although high heels are going to be difficult to walk around in for us ladies (and you might want to save the cammo for afterwards). We suggest that everyone bring a change of clothes to get dirty in. We will be fishing, biking, hiking, shooting our bows, playing horse shoes, roasting marshmallows and whatever else that comes to mind. Bring your rods, your bows, whatever...

Make sure to prepare for anything the weather might bring. August is normally dry and warm, but this is Montana and anything can happen.

We will be providing a great big afternoon BBQ with beverages, kegs and smores later on. If you are camping, bring supplies for the following morning. If you are staying in the cabins, they all have kitchenettes and some have BBQs.

0 comments: